The Regional Council has a Management Committee consisting of the Chairperson of the Regional Council and two other members who are elected by the Regional Council from amongst its members. Management Committee members hold office for a period of two and a half years.
Members of the Management Committee
Honourable Ignatius Kariseb
Honourable Raphael Mokaleng Honourable Erwin Katjizeu
Powers, Duties and Functions of the Management Committee
The Management Committee is required to:
- Ensure that the decisions of the Regional Council are carried out;
- Consider any matter entrusted to the Regional Council by virtue of any provision of the Regional Councils Act No. 22 of 1992 or any other law in order to advise the Regional Council on such matter;
- Prepare and compile for the approval of the Regional Council the budget of the Regional Council;
- Control the expenditure of Regional Council funds in its approved budget and all other funds made available to the Regional Council;
- Report at Regional Council meetings on the exercise of the powers and the performance of the duties and functions of the Management Committee;
- Exercise any power conferred upon the them under any provision of the Regional Councils Act No. 22 of 1992 or any other law;
- Exercise any power of the Regional Council delegated to the Management Committee by the Regional Council.
The Management Committee may establish from time to time such committees as it may deem necessary to advise it in the exercise of any of its powers or the performance of any of its functions or duties and may appoint Members of the Management Committee or other persons as it may deem fit to be members of such committees.
The Management Committee may at any time in writing request the Regional Council to reconsider any decision with due regard to facts or other considerations as may be set out in such request.